Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Meet another blogger: Kimi

This week I've asked Kimi from Cotton Cashmere Cat Hair to show a few outfits that represents her style, and boy, did she bring it. I don't really remember how I stumbled upon her blog but I'm so glad I did. Kimi creates simple outfits that still show off some amazing pieces, and she has an eye for unique and gorgeous accessories (my favorite is her world map necklace!). I also love reading about her cats, she definitely changes the definition of being a cat lady :P

Hi! Who are you? What do you do?  Hello all! My name is Kimi, and I'm in my mid-20s and currently working on my PhD in atmospheric sciences.

Why did you start blogging and how would you describe your style?
I started my blog almost three years ago because I was tired of not caring about what I wore and I had just discovered style blogs. I was inspired by the women who blog as a hobby and just share their outfits to inspire themselves and others. I thought that having a virtual "style diary" of sorts was a really cool idea, and as I continue blogging it's so fun to look back at my older outfits (even if some of them make me cringe!). It's so difficult for me to succinctly describe my style, but I tend to lean more towards a mix of classic, girly, and minimalistic looks. I love neutrals, but I definitely don't shy away from a bit of color.

THE FOUR OUTFITS

What would you wear at brunch with your grandmother? If I were invited to lunch with one of my grandmothers, I would honestly be okay with anything I wore because they are very casual people. I like to dress up a bit for special occasions, though, so I would probably choose to wear a nice dress with wedges and statement earrings. This red silk number makes me feel fancy even though it's SO easy to wear!


What would you wear to the grocery store? For grocery store runs, I don't plan specific outfits or "dress down" because I usually go after school or on the weekends. I've been putting more effort into what I wear since I started blogging, and now I don't like feeling lazy and running errands in sweats or workout gear. For a really lazy Sunday, though, something easy like a nice sweatshirt and skinny jeans fits the bill perfectly when I don't have a lot going on.


What would you wear on date night? My attire for date night definitely depends on the location and how "special" of a day it is. For a typical spur-of-the-moment date night, I usually won't change out of what I wore that day, but if it's something we planned ahead of time, I'll go for a dress or maybe some fancier shoes. The last time we went out on a planned date was for Valentine's Day, and I wore a monochromic look with various shades of marsala/burgundy. I added my dark red ankle boots to continue the color and for something a little extra special.


If you could have anyone in the world, past or present, to dinner, who would it be, and what would you wear? Any one of my friends would tell you that it is a dream of mine to hang out with Taylor Swift. I would love to pick her brain and just hang out because I feel like we'd get along really well. (I'd also love to go shopping with her because I absolutely adore her style since she moved to NYC!) I would wear something completely me yet somewhat fashion forward, and I would show my legs with some sort of heel so I wouldn't look so short next to her. ;) This recent outfit consisting of my new striped, swingy top from Anthropologie, navy shorts, and beige sandals is a new favorite and made me feel like my legs went for miles! If the paparazzi wanted to snap photos of us, I feel like my legs could potentially compete with hers (hahaha, like I said... this is all a dream!).


I'd raid everything in Kimi's closet if I could, she definitely has an eye for putting items together, and she knows what looks flattering for her shape. I'm always amazed when someone can create a monochromatic look and Kimi pulls it off like a professional! She is someone that inspired me to start blogging and sharing my style, and I still have a lot to learn from her and my other blogger friends. Thank you Kimi for letting me pick your brain!

Next week we'll get to see what Anne has in store for us! Here's a look at what I wore, and check out Sarah's looks too!

7 comments:

  1. I'm behind on blog reading around here, so I'm just seeing these first few posts in the series - so fun! I already follow Kimi and love her wardrobe too. The grocery outfit is perfect and I love the monochrome date night idea - quite svelte and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I loved the variety of occasions you asked her about.

    Lexi
    lifeloveandmedicine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexi! I hope you've seen the other bloggers, and there's more to come!

      Delete
  3. I agree, SO many questions for TSwift! She just seems so genuine and that she would be the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete