Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Meet another blogger: Sarah

This week I'd like you to meet Sarah from Simply Sarah. I found her through Fran's blog and fell in love with her.  Sarah's blog is simple, elegant, and includes everything from outfit posts, to easy recipes, and much more! Here I'm interviewing Sarah to get a better idea on her personal style...

What do you do? I’m a graduate student working part time developing student leadership for various service trips.

Why did you start blogging? To be honest, I began Simply Sarah because I needed a creative outlet to force me to get my head out of my books and work.

How would you describe your style? Constantly evolving – which is a good thing if you look back at my younger years. I tend to lean toward more classic pieces rather than trendy. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good trend, but I would rather spend money on clothing I know will be wearable next time the season rolls around. 

THE FOUR OUTFITS

What would you wear to the grocery store? Big Sweater and Shorts. This is one of my favorite things to wear, especially if I’m out and about running errands. Nothing is more comfortable than an oversized sweater paired with denim shorts. Adding a cute purse and some fun lipstick lets you be comfy and still look put together. This way I can leave the house with minimal effort and not look like a slob.


What would you wear at brunch with your grandmother? Actually, I don’t know that my grandma and I have ever gotten brunch. We’ve had breakfast, lunch and dinner plenty of times, but I guess we aren’t really brunchy people. If we did go out to eat brunch I envision drinking tea at a café in this blue and white gingham outfit I shared on my blog a while back. I don’t know why, but it just feels like the sort of thing you’d where to brunch with grandma.


What special item do you hold in your wardrobe or closet that is of significance to you and why? Bethel Earring. I know it's not an outfit, but these earrings are very special to me. I spent a year volunteering in Western Alaska right out of undergrad. I was in a very remote “city” (of about 7,000 people) that only had around 16 miles of road – half of which were paved. During that year I met so many amazing people and grew in more ways than I can count or articulate. Last summer, I had the privilege of returning for a month and right before I left, my friend Lucy gave me these ulu earrings made from ivory in one of the local villages. An ulu is also known as a woman’s knife, because traditionally Yu'pik (the Native Alaskan tribe most prominent where I was) men went out hunting and the women would cut and prepare the food – salmon, moose, etc. These earrings are a lovely reminder of my time in Alaska and I have found are quite the conversation piece. 




What would you wear on date night? Depends on where and what time of the year, haha. I love a good sundress, so if this date is in warmer weather months, I will likely wear a dress. It’s an easy way to look like you’ve tried and who doesn’t like a basically complete outfit with one article of clothing??










I love Sarah's style so much, I mean how gorgeous is that red dress?? And she knows how to put together an outfit, she's such a inspiration. Thank you so much Sarah! 

Stay tuned next week for a look at Kimi's style!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Roxi! I'm still so flattered that you wanted to include me :) Can't wait to read the next one!
    Peace, Sarah
    simplysarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete